Heat Flux Sensors and U-Value Kit for Building Physics
Why use Heat Flux Sensors in Building Physics?
Do you ever wonder how much of your heating bill is caused by badly insulated windows or walls? Or how much energy you could save by adjusting the temperature level in a room? With gSKIN® Heat Flux Sensors, these questions can be answered simply by measuring the respective heat flux, which is measured in W/m2.
“The sensor is compact, small and thin. You just stick it to the wall, connect it to your read-out unit, and then get the understanding of the thermal characteristics of your building.”
– Dr. Peter Cull, ICT International
Building Physics applications with Heat Flux Sensors
Thermal energy enters buildings mainly from the heating system and from solar irradiation. The energy exchange between the building and the outside is focused through the roof, walls, windows and thermal bridges e.g. balconies, into the soil and through exchange of ambient air. Every building is a complex thermal system and to optimize it (for example to reduce heating costs), precise data is required. Within the field of building physics the gSKIN® Heat Flux Sensor is used to:
- Compare the amount of heat transferred through different walls or the same type of walls, but located in buildings with different weather patterns.
- Calculate the thermal conductivity (U-value) of walls and find out if you have a well-insulated building. More detailed information about U-Value Measurements is available here.
- Quantify the energy balance of a room: How much energy is coming from the heating and where is this energy lost?
- Analyze the thermal behavior of rooms and buildings at different temperature levels.
Get the free application note about Building Physics. Provide your email address and get instant access (no activation required).
Enter your email address to download gSKIN_Applicationnote_Buildingphysics_v2.8.pdf
Buy Heat Flux Sensors and Data Loggers online
We offer an array of different products for Building Physics measurements. These include heat flux sensors, data loggers, and U-Value Kits for fast and reliable data acquisition. Sensors are always calibrated and have a cable connection. In the online shop, you can find datasheets, instruction manuals and case studies.Take me to the online shop